What's Happening at this years IFAI Geosynthetics Case Studies Conference?
This year, the Geosynthetics Conference hosts a specialized edition centered around Case Studies. The conference is an educational and trade show event where visitors can learn about the many unique uses of geosynthetics through a variety of case studies. This year will feature geotechnical practitioners, designers, regulators, contractors and installers coming together at this specialized edition of the highly respected Geosynthetics Conference.
Enka®Solutions for erosion control and other civil engineering applications!
Enka Solutions will be showcasing case studies of product applications that have visibly improved the performance and efficiency of the projects across different regions and application cases.
Case Studies Preview (You can download full versions of these Case Studies on the right of your screen)
Case Study #1: EnkaMat® R TRM (Turf Reinforcement Mat) Kinder Morgan Gas Pipeline Quitman, MS
The Challenge: Original topography of the right-of-way must always be maintained during natural gas pipeline installations. EnkaMat R45 can be both pre-emptive to high-risk slope failure and provide an environmentally low impact solution to a failed slope. To go untreated risks exposure of the pipe with potential for explosion or other catastrophic events. Grass grown 12 to 24 inches tall and mowed 2 to 3 times a year, is the ideal terrain to establish.
Case Study #2 EnkaMat TRM (Turf Reinforcement Mat) for Surface Stability on Steep Slopes Beverly Hills, CA
Excerpt: The breathtaking view of the eastern central Santa Monica Mountains is a luxury few can afford. And likewise, placing a masterpiece on an environmentally and aesthetically sensitive ridge top is a project that can ill-afford mistakes. The grading plan for this awe-inspiring home consisted of cutting and filling the ridge to create a building site surrounded below by existing fine homes. The relatively flat terrain on this ridge top is approximately eight acres.
Products on Display at the trade show (Drop by Booth #662 to chat about these products and more!)
The Best Turf Reinforcement Mat
Engineer nature with the EnkaMat® the original & trusted high-performance 3D mat for erosion control.
EnkaMat is a strong three-dimensional polyamide (PA) mat with an open structure. It functions as a protective, reinforcing and integrated intermediate layer between natural vegetation and soil, enabling root systems to grow and gain a secure hold on the ground beneath. EnkaMat offers a permanent solution to combat erosion.
Benefits of using the EnkaMat as your Turf Reinforcement Mat
- Integrated & Robust System
- Durable and environmentally friendly
- Immediate protection against erosion
- Fast growth of vegetation
- Easy to install
- No maintenance needed
- Cost-effective in labour and material needs
|Features||Standard 3D mat made of polyamide with an open structure||3D polyamide mat filled with an open structure prefilled with a bitumen bound mineral filter of stone chippings for areas exposed to water||Grid reinforced 3-D erosion control mat dual function of erosion control and soil reinforcement|
World-leading geocomposite drainage system
How to speed up soil consolidation?
Did you know, it can take up to 25 years to achieve 90% consolidation of soils and soft clays such as can be found in marshland areas. We have designed a solution that guarantees a significant acceleration of the consolidation of soft soils before construction- The ColbondDrain. The ColbondDrain is proven to reduce this timescale to months rather than years! A high quality Prefabricated Vertical Drain (PVD), ColbondDrain was developed in partnership with leading European consultants, laboratories & geosynthetic specialists to create a highly effective solution for a major engineering challenge. The design of ColbondDrain is based on a unique extrusion & shaping technique which creates a tough geocomposite.
Features & Benefits
- Unique combination of patented core structure and nonwoven filter bonded to core increases water flow capacity
- Core: Hydraulic channel profile (core) ensures laminar flow for optimum performance
- Nonwoven filter layers deliver optimum filtration, permeability and strength
- Can be used to depths up to 100m
- High tensile strength allows usage on all installation rig types
- Suitable for use in all soil types
- Roll length of 280m reduces number of connections on site
- Efficient packaging allows high transport loads and reduced storage time on site
- Thermal bonding of the filter to the entire surface of the core structure ensures that the filter is kept taut across the flow channels
- Filter cannot tear or become separated from the core when passing over the pulleys at the top rig or during soil consolidation